Job Number- JO1914
Accountant- General Accounting and Consolidation
This person will be responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and account analysis associated with prepaid and accrued software, internal cost distributions and allocations, revenue/cost sharing arrangements, various consolidation related activities (intercompany reconciliation, eliminations, revaluation) and other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of accounting principles, management accounting concepts and the monthly consolidation process. This person will collaborate well with other teams, adapt quickly as processes and policies change, research and respond timely to inquiries from market leaders and manipulate large and complex datasets into transactions or clear and concise schedules.
Your may be a candidate for the role if:
- You are a self-starter with a creative energy and passion for problem solving and critical thinking and are always on the lookout for process improvement opportunities.
- You are a lifelong learner who is self-motivated and excited about new challenges.
- You are a first-rate communicator with a niche for explaining complex ideas in a simple and direct way.
- You are meticulous and take pride in the details.
- You are intrigued by technology and the tools that elevate our performance.
- You inspire those around you with your enthusiasm to deliver and desire to continually one-up your personal best.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Play a key role in the monthly close and consolidation process.
- Prepare monthly reports and assist with ad hoc reporting requests.
- Perform monthly analytical review of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts.
- Document policies and processes.
- Create, maintain and manipulate large MS Excel data models.
- Interpret software licensing contracts and determine the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Contribute to audit preparation by providing requested documentation and analysis.
- Drive continued process improvement, including working cross-functionally, to create repeatable, consistent best practices that enable scale.
- Handle special projects as identified..
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required.
- 4-5 years of progressive accounting experience in mid/large size, multi-national or fast-growing companies.
- Detail oriented with superior critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proficient with MS Excel; experience with Power Query a plus.
- Adept at working with large datasets in MS Excel heavy processes.
- Ability to analyze and interpret contracts.
- Ability to recognize urgency in solving problems and respond creatively in a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the ability to present findings and interact cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
Our process is highly personalized. Some candidates complete their process in one week, others can take several weeks or even months. Deciding to take a new job is a big decision, so regardless how long or short the process may be for you, the most important thing is that you find your dream job.
Mindstone Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.